Often times there is the requirement of sending messages to a group of people and not just individuals, particularly in the team environment. Therefore the option of sending a group message is a necessity and SportsMed Baseline is no exception.
Creating a new group message is different depending on where the message was created from.
Creating a New Group Message from Toolbar
- Select the 'New Group' icon button located at the upper left-hand corner of the chat box. A new chat box will appear in place of your existing messages.
- Enter a team from the upper box in the chat screen.
- Select the drop-down menu below the 'MEMBERS' heading. Choose from the groups which ones you want in the conversation.
- Groups can be removed by clicking the cross (x) next to their name.
- Select 'Create' in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to create the group chat.
- Type your message into the message box at the bottom of the chat. If your message has an attachment, select the paper clip to the left of the message box.
- An attachment can be added to the message by selecting the paper clip next to the message box. A popup will appear. Search through the drives listed down the left-hand side or select 'Choose File' to search for a file from your computer.
- Send the message by clicking the Enter key on your keyboard, or the pointer icon to the right of the message box.
If you are a staff member, you have the ability to access 'Admin' controls, located by clicking the dots icon in the top right-hand corner of the message panel. These options allow you to view group details, leave, disband or archive the group conversation.
Creating a New Group Message from Left Hand Menu
- Select the green 'Create New Message' icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select whether the message is to be sent to the mobile application or email (or neither).
- Enter a subject and message in the corresponding boxes.
- Select a user via group.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the appropriate recipients of the message.
- You may also select recipients by single clicking their name and selecting the '>' arrow to move their name to the box on the right-hand side. Alternatively you can simply double click their names.
- A media file may be attached by selecting the 'Attach File' icon on the lower left-hand side of the Create New Message popup.
- Select 'Upload' or 'Create Folder' in the upper right-hand corners. 'Upload' will allow you to load files while you may store multiple files in a folder by selecting 'Create Folder.
- If the file is from YouTube, you will be asked to paste the URL into a filter. Select 'Check Video' once you have pasted the URL.
- When all the information in your message is complete, select 'Send' in the lower right-hand corner of the Create New Message popup.
- The new message will appear on the Messages page.