Clear communication and organisation are two important factors contributing to the success of a team. Having a detailed and up-to-date calendar can help contribute to success at these skills. The Baseline calendar connects to a variety of different sections of the program. There is also the option to attach different media files to particular events, such as maps or training programs, depending on the event type.
A calendar event is made up of three parts:
- an event category
- an event template; and
- an event type
All three must be configured prior to the creation of a calendar event. Each section configures a different part of the event so that they are visually distinguishable on the calendar, and contain information relevant to the event you are wanting to create.
All the settings are created and edited under 'Administration' and 'Configuration' in the left-hand menu.
1) Event Categories
Event categories relate to the visual display of the event on the calendar, allocating a colour to an event type. Teams can create a colour-coding system based off their own individual needs. For example, each department may be assigned a different colour to allow people to recognize when an event applies to them.
- Click on 'Event Categories'.
- In the top right-hand corner of the screen, select 'Create New Category'.
- On the following page, fill in a title for the event category, and background and font colours. When selecting background and font colours, clicking on the respective box will produce a drop down colour palette. Select your colour and the colour code will appear.
- Select ‘Create Category’ in the lower right-hand corner of the page.
2) Event Templates
Event templates are necessary to link the event to different areas of the platform. When creating templates, you are required to select a template 'code'. Depending on the template code, different options appear when creating an event. There are six to choose from, including:
- 'Workout/Training Session' will provide the option of attaching a training plan to the event.
- 'Test' provides a link directly to test capture in the event details.
- 'Wellness' provides a link directly to wellness capture.
- 'S&C Program' will provide the option to attach an S&C program to the event.
- 'General' coded template is a basic display.
- 'Game / Match' identifies an event as a competition.
To create a template:
- Click on ‘Templates’ in the 'Configuration' menu.
- In the top right-hand corner of the screen, select ‘Create Template’.
- Fill in a title. Select a template code from the drop-down menu. The code will automatically set to 'General' if not specified otherwise.
- Select ‘Create Template’ in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
3) Event Types
The event types link an event category and template together. When creating an event, you are required to select a specific event type.
- Click on 'Event Type' in the Configuration menu.
- In the top right-hand corner, select 'Add Event Type'.
- Fill in a title.
- Select from your created categories and templates.
- Select 'Create Type'.
Event Category, Template and Type Page Display
In all three pages, tables display information relevant to that particular category, template or type. For example, the 'Event Category' table shows the title, background and font colour. There are also a number of options to navigate the display table, or search for and edit/delete created categories, templates or types.
For this guide the 'Event Types' page has been used, however the same functions are present in both the 'Event Categories' and 'Event Templates' pages as well.
- A filter is present in the upper left-hand corner of the table to search for particular event types created.
- Selecting the arrows beside a column title will arrange the table by that element.
- Arrows in the lower right-hand corner of the table can be used to navigate between pages of the table.
- The 'Show' drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner can be used to select the number of event types to show per page of the table.
- By selecting 'Columns' beside the 'Show' drop-down menu, you are able to make visible/hide various columns in the table.
- 'Copy' will copy the configured table onto the clipboard, to be pasted in a different file.
- 'Print' will bring up a print preview, where you will be able to use your browser's print options to print the page.
- By selecting 'Export' in the upper right-hand corner, you will be given the option to export to a CSV, Excel/CSV or PDF files. Once selected, the table will automatically download to the select file type.
- Event types can be edited by selecting the corresponding icon next to their title, found under the 'Options' column. You will be redirected to a page similar to where you created the event type. After making your changes, select 'Apply Changes' in the lower right-hand corner. Alternatively, select 'Delete' to delete the event type.
- Event types can also be deleted by selecting the icon under the 'Options' column. Select 'Yes, delete' when asked for confirmation to permanently delete the event type.