Communication is key to the success of any team, sporting or nonsporting. In this digital age, even when team members are not together the ability to leave messages for others to action and respond to is increasingly important.
Within the Baseline platform there are two methods for messaging between staff and players. The first of these uses the Communications Panel and Activity Feed. With this tool, you are able to post a comment, search for comments and filter comments according to different categories. This provides you with a quick, functional messaging service to deliver your comments to other members. Refer to the 'Messaging' section of the User Guide for the alternate messaging system.
The Communications Panel and Activity Feed are located by selecting the singular speech bubble icon in the top toolbar.
- Select the Communications Panel and Activity Feed icon to bring up the Activity Feed on the right-hand side of your screen.
- Comments will appear in chronological order, with the most recent appearing at the top of the feed.
- Scroll down the feed for older comments.
- A time stamp on each comment indicates when the comment was posted. This will appear as minutes or hours from the current time for comments posted that day, or the exact time of comments posted on previous days.
- Comments can be searched for by typing relevant text into the search filter in the top right-hand side of the Communication Panel.
- Enter information into the text-field, or select the 'search' option to refine your search by specifying category, related members/groups and date range.
Posting a Comment
- Select the '+Post' icon at the top left-hand side of the Communication Panel.
- Fill out the appropriate information in the 'Post a Comment' popup, according to the image below.
- Select 'Post Comment' once you have completed filling out the information.
- The comment will be posted to the athlete under the 'Comments' tab of their player profile. Comments can also be posted via this screen by selecting the '+Post' icon in this tab.