Good communication is the key to success for many teams. Even off field, the interactions between players and coaching staff help to set up the success of a team. Everything from training messages to last minute venue changes, it's important that everyone gets the message.
In addition to the Communication Panel (refer to the Messaging User Guide for more information), this messaging feature allows for a more functional way of sending group messages.With full conversation view, group and admin management and a whole host of media attachment options, you will have all staff and players on the same page.
Messaging is accessible from both the Baseline Mobile application and desktop. For more information on the mobile application, refer to its respective User Guide. To locate the Messaging feature on the desktop, select the dual speech bubble from the top toolbar, or select 'Administration' and 'Messaging' from the left-hand menu. There is a different way to create a new message for each access point.
Access the Messaging feature by selecting the dual speech bubble icon from the toolbar in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
The Messages screen will appear with your inbox on the left hand side, and chat on the right. There are a number of features on this screen which allow you to send messages and organise your conversations.
Creating a New Message
- Select the 'Compose' icon button located at the upper left-hand corner of the chat box. A new chat box will appear in place of your existing messages.
- Select the drop-down menu at the top of the chat box and scroll through the users to find who you want to receive the message.
- Type your message into the message box at the bottom of the chat. If your message has an attachment, select the paper clip to the left of the message box.
- An attachment can be added to the message by selecting the paper clip next to the message box. A popup will appear. Search through the drives listed down the left-hand side or select 'Choose File' to search for a file from your computer.
- Send the message by clicking the Enter key on your keyboard, or the pointer icon to the right of the message box.
There may come a time when you need to clean up your messages folder. A conversation may then be archived, or removed from your inbox, without deleting the conversation.
- Select the conversation you wish to archive.
- Click on the symbol in the upper right-hand corner of the chat box. A drop-down menu will appear giving you the option of 'Details' or 'Archive Conversation'.
- Select 'Archive Conversation'. NOTE: Selecting 'Details' will bring up details of the members in the conversation and any attachments that have been sent.
- The conversation will now be archived. Archived conversations can be accessed by switching from your inbox to your archive.
- To switch to the archive, select 'INBOX' from below the Messaging title. Select 'ARCHIVE' from the drop-down menu.
- To delete or restore a conversation that has been archived, select the conversation from the Archive folder and bring up the drop-down menu as though you were archiving a conversation.
- The options will now be 'Details', 'Restore Conversation' and 'Delete Conversation'. Select the appropriate option.
Left Hand Menu Access
This provides an alternate way of creating messages, with the added feature of sending a message to an email address and options to change the display of the messages table.
Creating a New Message
- Select the green 'Create New Message' icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select whether the message is to be sent to the mobile application or email (or neither).
- Enter a subject and message in the corresponding boxes.
- Select a user via group or individual.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the appropriate recipients of the message.
- You may also select recipients by single clicking their name and selecting the '>' arrow to move their name to the box on the right-hand side. Alternatively you can simply double click their names.
- A media file may be attached by selecting the 'Attach File' icon on the lower left-hand side of the Create New Message popup.
- Select 'Upload' or 'Create Folder' in the upper right-hand corners. 'Upload' will allow you to load files while you may store multiple files in a folder by selecting 'Create Folder.
- If the file is from YouTube, you will be asked to paste the URL into a filter. Select 'Check Video' once you have pasted the URL.
- When all the information in your message is complete, select 'Send' in the lower right-hand corner of the Create New Message popup.
- The new message will appear on the Messages page.
Messaging Page Navigation
There are a number of features on the Messaging page all designed for your benefit. They range from customising your viewing of messages, printing and exporting to managing your total message load.
- Type in the search filter at the upper left-hand side of the table to find the message you are after easily.
- Change the number or messages display by selecting the the 'Show' drop-down menu and selecting one of the options. You can then scroll between pages by using the arrows located at the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
- Selecting 'Columns' next to this drop-down menu will allow you hide or make visible specific columns. Select the columns you wish to change the visibility of.
- Copy or print the message list by selecting the corresponding icons in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- You can export the message list to an Excel, CSV/Excel or PDF files by clicking the Export icon next to the 'Print' button.
From within the messaging table itself there are also a number of options to view details of your messages.
- Selecting a column title will sort the messages by that element.
- Under the Recipients column, select the grey 'Recipients' box. You will be able to see all the recipients of that message.
- The icon allows you to view your messages. You will be redirected to a screen where you can see the recipients and messages that have been sent. You can also see which of the recipients have seen the latest message as well as any attachments that have been sent in the conversation. Below the message details, select 'Back to List' to return to the message list, or 'Delete' to delete the conversation.
- The icon allows you to delete your conversation. You will be asked for confirmation before you delete the conversation. Select 'Yes, delete' to permanently delete the conversation. NOTE: You are unable to archive conversations from this access point.